How will we help students maximize their learning potential?
- Christ-centered environment
- Small self-contained classrooms
- Daily therapy
- Lessons in all subjects designed to address the student's learning challenges
The classroom instruction centers on a complete curriculum that includes the following:
- Dyslexia Therapy – an Orton Gillingham based curriculum that is designed to combine auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learning modalities.
- Supplemental Computerized Reading Program
- Social Studies/Science
Support staff will provide weekly lessons in the following:
- Physical Education
The admissions process is designed to assist families and the school to determine whether a student will benefit from the PPCA program. Acceptance to the program is based on diagnostic testing, student and parent interviews, information about the student’s academic history and the availability of space in the program.
We are committed to insuring that there is a good fit between students who struggle with reading and the ability of our school to meet each student’s educational requirements. Our classes are designed for high potential students whose primary diagnosis is Dyslexia. Students who struggle because of behavioral difficulties, severe attention problems, severe receptive and expressive language disorders or below average intellectual abilities will not benefit from our program. If you have further questions, or to meet with our Dyslexia Center Director, Donna Hunt, please call 601-939-6229 ext. 208.
Registration Fee: $250 One-time Family Fee: $400