REQUIREMENTS OF ADMISSION TO PPCA INCLUDE:
- At least one parent must be in agreement with our Statement of Faith and Admissions Policy.
- The student’s academic success and behavioral good standing from the former school(s) must be evident
- Admission testing must indicate potential success in our academic environment
September 1st is the age cut-off date for admission to PPCA:
- Students applying for K3 must be THREE years old and fully toilet trained by September 1st.
- Students applying for K4 must be FOUR years old by September 1st.
- Students applying for K5 must by FIVE years old by September 1st.
- Students applying for First Grade must by SIX years old by September 1st.
- Students applying for Second Grade must be SEVEN years old by September 1st… and so forth for EACH GRADE.
At least one parent/guardian should schedule and complete a campus tour of PPCA with the Admissions Office and/or attend one of PPCA’s Preview Days. Bringing children on the tour or to the Preview Day is optional.
After completion of a tour and/or Preview Day, families may begin the online application process and submit a $25 non-refundable application fee for each student.
Upon submission of the online application, it is received by the admissions committee for review.
For students applying for admission to PPCA’s secondary grades (7th-12th), PPCA’s Admissions Director arranges for an interview with PPCA’s school counselor or administrator.
Post-interview, the admissions committee determines if further placement testing is necessary.
NOTE: PPCA conducts placement testing for all homeschool students.
.REGISTRATION, FEES, and CONTRACTS:
There is a yearly $250 Registration Fee for each student, a one-time Family Fee of $600 per family (K5-12th grade only), and a Financial Contract that must be submitted to PPCA’s Business Office ton continue the application process.
The Family Fee may be paid in one of three options and, in order for the application process to continue, a Family Fee payment plan must be submitted to the Business Office to indicate which will be used to pay the $600:
- Paid in full in one payment.
- Two semester payments of $300.
- 12 monthly payments of $50 each month (June – May).
Families enter into a binding contract with PPCA that clearly states the tuition agreement for each school year. The Financial Contract states how tuition will be paid. It must be submitted to the Business Office for a student’s placement to be secured.
NOTE: PPCA makes financial commitments with faculty in the form of contracts that are based on the number of enrolled students. Curriculum purchases are also based on enrollment each year, thus the Financial Contract is a binding contract and the Registration Fees and Family Fees are non-refundable.
The admissions process takes time. Families are contacted by PPCA’s Admissions Office to inform them if their students are accepted, turned down, or placed in a Waiting Pool.
One reason for not being accepted is if a grade is full and there is no space available for a student. A waiting pool is in place for grades that are full.
Candidates must have their application documents completed and submitted before being placed on a waiting pool list.
The waiting pool list is only current for the year in which the applicant is applying for admission. Waiting pool lists do not carry over to the next school year.